Wednesday, January 15, 2014

132 days until Tanzania



Well it’s 2014- the year I will go to Tanzania. 132 days until I leave.  

Team Update 
My team is starting to form, which I am very excited about. So far there are 6 members on Team Tanzania. We are hoping that we get a few more, hopefully more males. As of now, we have 5 girls and 1 male.  So please continue to pray that God will provide more men for our trip. We need more men in order to have an impact since Tanzania is a patriarchal society. 

Fundraising

I am $3,780 away from my goal. Being a communication major, I have written my support letter 3 times because I have not been satisfied. Those will eventually go out within the next 2 weeks, I promise. If you would like to receive a support letter, please email me your address and I will get that to you. 

If you would like you give online:  Click HereWhen filling out the form,  Make sure to select Team Tanzania and fill out name: Danielle Ernest.  


Health Update

In my last post, I told you I was using Tanzania to get healthy and guess what…  I have. Currently, I have lost 15lbs. My goal is to be 40lbs lighter before I leave for Tanzania. I have been eating healthier and exercising regularly.  I even joined the “Gold’s Gym Challenge”, which I think means torture yourself for 12 weeks, but it is worth it. 


Prayer Request

Please pray for this semester. I am taking 18 units, working 30 hours, and trying to plan/ raise funds for this trip. I cannot wait to see how my team and I will be used to further the Kingdom of God and how God uses this trip to further change the hearts of myself and my teammates.  I ask that you partner with my team through prayer. Prayer is a very powerful resource that I deeply want for our team. Our team’s most pressing prayer needs are: For our focus to be Christ centered, for our team to have unity, for future interactions that will take place with the people of Tanzania and the people along the way, for our partnership with FFCC, for the finances of all the team members, and for all of us to rely solely on God for our strength and guidance. 

Thank you all for you encouragement, donations, love and support. I appreciate it. I can't wait to share this journey with you. 


Kwaheri (Bye), 
Danielle 

"Do justice, embrace love, and walk humbly with God" - Micah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment