Thursday, April 3, 2014

Leading Alone

Several of people keep asking how Team Tanzania doing. I would have to say that we have had our ups and downs. Earlier this week, my co-leader left the team. I would not say this was a huge shock to the entire team, but it has left me feeling very alone. Amidst this frustration, God has done some amazing things in my team. Even though we lost a leader, our unity still remains intact.  I find this to be the biggest blessing of all.
 
A few weeks ago, my team and I went down to San Diego to work with homeless. There I saw my team come together in ways that I never dreamed. We washed homeless feet and fed them breakfast. It made my heart joyful to see them work together and serve those in need. There was something incredibly special about watching them bestow worth on those society has forgotten.  This gives me hope for this summer and makes me extremely excited for what God will do. We also had the privilege to help package food for Tanzania. We ended up packing around 4,000 meals! We will be passing out these packages in less than 50 days. I can barely believe it. 

Finances 
We have a few fundraisers planned for the future. But, the team is in desperate need of funds. So if you could pray and donate, that would be appreciated. I believe that we will reach our goal. We currently have 42% percent raised and we need 100% by May 15th. Thankfully, we had enough funds to book our flights. We got an amazing deal that will take us through Dubai and flying into Dar Salam. The only downside about that cheap airfare is the 9 hour bus ride from Dar Salam to our village. However, God blessed us with an incredible price- so I am very thankful. 

If you would like to make a donation you can give online:  Click Here. When filling out the form,  Make sure to select Team Tanzania and fill out name: Danielle Ernest.

Prayer Requests 
  • Please continue to pray for team unity and that God will continue to bring us together. 
  • Next week we are meeting with the Long Beach bike company. We will be learning more about this bike project that we will be doing. 
  • Pray that all of us will finish this semester strong. We are about 4 weeks away from school being done. (Hurray!) 
  • Continue to pray for the people of Tanzania and those we will come in contact with this summer. 
  • Pray that I will be able to handle the stress of leading alone and that God will provide help along the way. 
  • Pray that our fundraisers will be successful and bring in funds for the team.  
  • Pray that God will be given glory through all things that Team Tanzania comes into contact with. 

Thank you all for you support.

Blessings,

Danielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment