Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Unpacking Africa

It's been a busy summer and it's hard to describe everything I have seen and done.  As I begin to unpack Africa, I find myself reflecting on everything that happened. It was in many ways what I expected, but also so incredibly different. I found myself and lost myself in East Africa. Come along with me on this journey as I begin to unpack the month I spent in Tanzania. 

I will be sharing the images I took and short stories. I hope you enjoy.

This was the view outside the house I stayed in. It's hard to believe that I got a chance to live in the Lion King for a whole month. This view never got old for me and I often found myself humming "Circle of Life". I started with a sunset image, because it's funny how there is always a sunset before things get worse. As I blog about this, I start with saying all my expectations about Tanzania were beautiful and innocent. Much like this sunset. However, I had no idea what things lurked in the darkness in the days to come. But it was the sunset and the beauty of life that kept me going.

1 comment: